QA Automation/Manual Engineer
PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming company with offices based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica and city center of Kiev, Ukraine. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow’s nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We’re looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ’s team is led by the world’s top engineering talent to build the most clever and diverse products for our global audience. Our engineers develop next-generation technologies that impact how millions of our players connect, explore, and interact with our top-grossing games.
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious Quality Assurance Engineer to own the quality and comprehensive testing of our world-class mobile games as well as internal tools and services. This newly created position calls for the execution of all quality assurance testing, test planning, localization verification, build distribution, submission and sign-off processes.
We rely on our Quality Assurance team to collaborate closely with other talented development staff, including producers, designers, artists, and engineers to ensure a constant and consistently high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met. This is a unique opportunity to work within small core teams to help impact the development of our QA best practices and create the best gaming experience for our beloved players!
- Work with Product and Development teams to identify test requirements and Test Plans for features and builds
- Creating new tests and test suites from scratch using documentation. Communication with other commands to solve controversial questions
- Manual testing a large number of diverse game features and dev tools
- Searching the ways of manual testing optimization, by writing helper scripts, editor tools, and autotests
- Estimation and planning tests automation
- Prioritize QA testing and performance profiling tasks, monitor tasks through completion, and ensure testing schedules are met and releases go out on time
- Development and follow existed QA pipeline, test plan, and checklists to verify the functionality and performance of new features and apps
- Record test results, generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs and diagnose issues discovered during testing phase
- Create clear and detailed bug reports
- Contribute to continuous process improvements for the QA department by providing consistent feedback on current standards and best practices
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus
- 2+ years direct QA testing experience; contributed to the testing of at least 1 released mobile game title
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- Understanding of the complete software test cycle; awareness of full game development cycle and the role of Dev QA, quality assurance techniques and methodologies
- Experience with C# or other languages, understanding of OOP principles, confident ability to write base not complex algorithms
- Quick learning of big amount of information and tools
- Proven ability to create test cases and sign-off checklists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Good English skills
- Ability to work independently and solve new problems with minimal supervision
- You possess a proactive, positive, driven mentality that thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Business perspective to consider business goals in relation to development tasks
- Experience testing iOS, Android, and Amazon devices
- Proven track record in Agile Development
- Due to COVID-19 situation, our employees mostly work from home. When the situation gets better we will back to the normal work from the office in the city center
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- English Classes
- Flexible time off
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- New Creative office space in the very heart of Kyiv city center.
- Monthly team outings
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn’t love games?
Другие Вакансии, опубликованные компанией