Ubisoft, one of the top companies specialized in game development worldwide offers you a great opportunity to join Kiev office of a stable, fast-developing company. We invite motivated, dynamic people who will be a great asset for our team. You will benefit from a learning environment allowing you to get hands-on experience with the opportunity to constantly collaborate with other Ubisoft studios all over the world.
The Technical Artist acts a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Work with modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- 2−3 years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation
Would be a plus:
- Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. 3DsMax) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Passion for video games and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
What we offer:
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad to meet your colleagues from other studios or to participate in international conferences
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
Расположение на карте